Monday, May 4, 2009

Spring progresses


A first few peeks of spring - beyond the daffodils, pre Shad bloom - green fuzz beginning to show, an idea of color on the far "Poppa" tree ( Kwanzan cherry) 
and then one week later, the Eastern ninebark begins it lime glow (Physocarpus opulifolius v lutea). the Poppa tree giving serious thought to budding and bloom. Clematis montana leafing out on porch and ..... in foreground.


Closer view of this week - Dutchmans breeches ( Dicentra) Christmas Rose ( Hellebore) Peony leaf, a whole crazy mix of blue tone bulbs, the last of the Daffodils (white) and wild violets that find there way here, and my pigs.



Next week the "Bridesmaids" bloom - flowering Crabapples I brought bare root across country one freezing February in my moving truck. It is my favorite week to be here - and I will be on the road collecting plants for clients - last weeks heat wave is pushing my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment